Thursday, January 25, 2007

Major Changes in Life from the Second Chance Program

"Ten years ago I aimlessly sold drugs and made errors that I thought would never cause me trouble. In 1992 my father was shot to death in front of my mother, brothers and sisters. Later in life I was shot in the back (which almost caused my death) while being apprehended. While recovering in the hospital I thought about leaving the prison and avenging those who hurt me. I thought nothing could change my mind. Two and a half years ago I began the Second Chance Program.

Little by little I realized how terrible my childhood was as I was surrounded by drugs and violence. I know today about ethics and morals and what rehabilitation is. Although a person may spend 20 years or more being a criminal, with the steps of this program I have learned what I could not assimilate in school. I hope Governments will make this program a reality for the world. Now I see a promising life. I no longer think about my past. I now want to help other people to overcome the addiction to drugs leaving them free. If this program were in other prisons, we could achieve these wins for everyone."

T.G.G.


For more information, go to:

Second Chance Center or Second Chance Program

No comments: